Saving Dead Star

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by XTGeminiman, Aug 26, 2017.

1. XTGeminiman

XTGeminiman Well-Known Member

I was watching old videos earlier and reminiscing about this game. What could save it and could it be brought back to its former glory? Here are some of my thoughts:

Relaunching this as the PS Plus GOTM
    Why not? I imagine Armature struck up some deal with Sony so why not collaborate to relaunch this game? I don't think there has been a single online multiplayer game since DS so why not bring it back and use it to promote playing this game online? Also, PS Now exists so why not offer DS as one of the games?

Give Sony Responsibility for DS Servers
    Sony ALWAYS should have backed this game up as it died last Halloween (10/31 for you non-Americans). This should've been part of the deal when Armature gave the rights to Sony to use it as the GOTM. Sony has massive resources that a small dev doesn't have and it would probably cost them relatively little to host the game. I'm sure they could just put it on the same server as other online games they host.

I don't know enough about Steam but I'm sure they could work out a deal with those guys too for PC players (I have not forgot you EmberAegis!).

Periodically Relaunch the Game as GOTM
    To avoid the online death spiral, relaunch the game every quarter or so. There are WAY more PS4 owners now then when this game first became GOTM and many would be playing it for the first time.

Offer the DLC for Free Trials or Ultimately Package it in to Those Who Pay for the Game
    Again, why not? Spark interest in the game to avoid the servers dying like they did last year when everyone jumped ship when the Japanese patch came out (and before that).

Make the Training Optional
    34.7% of people completed the training. The rest that loaded up this game never bothered. I almost quit before I even started. Until you get hooked with the adrenaline rushed frenzy of online action, there's not much reason to play and the tutorial is frankly too long.

Limit the Amount of Players Who Can Squad Up for Public Rooms to 3
    Let's face it, super squads were a major reason people lost interest. Allow them in separate rooms for people who want to squad up (as many of us did on 10/31)!

Offer the Game for XB1 and Switch and Allow Crossplay
    JK. Sony would NEVER do something that benefits gamers as a whole.

Anyway, I would love to see this game relaunched and would be eager to play it again. If any of you are holding out on any videos, please upload them as they're all we have left :(.

2. wundurer

wundurer Moderator Staff Member

Sorry bud... but...
    [​IMG]

there's no one who is listening on this channel anymore.

As for me, I am like this:

[​IMG]

Just counting the days, killing random spammers... wondering when they'll finally put me off-duty. Until then, I go on.

"Today is day #437 as a moderator here. I haven't seen a spammer in 9 weeks now, I think the internet has all but forgotten this place. I still will go on. No spammer will flood this forum on my watch. Will check in again tomorrow."

Lambent and XTGeminiman like this.
  3. XTGeminiman

XTGeminiman Well-Known Member

You're a dedicated man! I prefer to be an eternal optimist and look at it like this...

This game was too good to not fight for it!

wundurer likes this.